Import GeoNetMap into MS Sql Server
1. Open SQL Server Enterprise Manager
2. Right click server
3. Select ‘All Tasks’ then ‘Import Data’
4. Click Next
5. First select 'Text File' as the
Second locate and select the file to be imported, then proceed by clicking Next.
6. Check ‘First row has column names’ then click Next
Specify “Comma” as the Column Delimiter then click Next
8. Choose Server and Database then click Next
9. Click the Transform Button
10. Before clicking OK please read the note below.
Note: For recommended Data Types and Sizes please see :
MS Sql Data Types
It is strongly recommended that
the Types and Sizes of the Destination fields are the same as our
suggested Data Types.
For easier importation in the future you can save the DTS package by
checking 'Save DTS Package', this allows you to import a database update at a
later date without having to re-create the DTS package.
11. Select Run immediately to incorporate the file into your database then click Next
12. Click Finish
Assuming that Cities.txt was imported you must complete this entire process from steps 1 to 12 for each data file: Countries.txt, Regions.txt, Dmas.txt, Nbc.txt, PrivateAddresses.txt, ProxyNetworks.txt, Subnets.txt
|Find a Location Code|
|Tag & Header Info|
|Geo Tag Examples|
|General Product FAQ's|
|Geobytes Support Page|
|Contact Support Team|